The Grand Hotel Trento, a symbolic structure built between 1939 and 1942 by engineer Giovanni Lorenzi, is a shining example of rationalist architecture and it represents a historic transition between the medieval and the modern city.
Bruno Frizzera, a nationally recognized business consultant, purchased the property in 2001. He was a consultant to Minister Vanoni who gave him the task of studying the first Income Tax Statement, and a man who devoted much of his professional life to tax disclosure, patenting a real “tax system”. Always bound by a deep love for his territory, and Trento in particular, after six years of management of the Grand Hotel Trento by the chain of hotellerie Boscolo, in 2007 Bruno decides to engage in a new adventure and take the reins of the structure to “return” it to the city.
His choice was to focus immediately on a “warmer” and more familiar management, ensuring a renewed tradition to such a historic place. To do so, he involved his son-in-law Piergiorgio Stefenelli and his son Francesco in the project, who, although they came from different sectors, enthusiastically took up the challenge. The terrace on the sixth floor, from which you can enjoy a splendid view of the roofs of Trento, is called Frizzera in memory of its owner, who loved to contemplate the city from above.